Thursday, December 12, 2013

MHU - My Horse University

Reposting this article for those that are interested in furthering their Equine Education - My Horse University - check it out!
-----------

I'm a lifelong learner.  If you ever think you know it all, you definitely don't.  We all meet those types in daily life.

I was talking with a friend recently about the number of people that I've met with Minis that have that attitude.  Most are "lifers" with horses.  You know the - I've had horses since I can walk, blah blah blah.  Surprisingly three of "those" types have been the worst horses I've had to take back in various states of "OMG WTF did you do to these animals?"

So, anytime I think I know it all, I try to learn something from every encounter, person, event or class as I know I don't know it all!

I'm not a sucker for fads, but will listen and hopefully garner some information from anyone that is teaching me about a new product, idea or trying to sell me something.

That was a nice lead up to online education.  We're fortunate now to be able to access educational opportunities locally and across the world.  Here's one such place.....

My Horse University or MHU has some great educational webcasts that are FREE!  There is a great monthly newsletter you can sign up for as well and of course their educational courses..


Here are some of the upcoming FREE ones:

Upcoming Webcasts:

Health Concerns for the Overweight Horse  (A great one for Miniature Horse breeders and our "fluffy" Minis!)
Speaker: Dr. Colleen Brady| Purdue University
Date: December 17, 2013 | 7 PM ET
Summary: This webcast will discuss health concerns for both under and overweight horses, with an emphasis on the overweight horse. Following this session, horse owners will be able to assess if their horse is over or underweight, and have strategies to manage their overweight horses.

There are a number of archived ones as well (2007-2012):

Archived Webcasts

(To view an archived presentation click on the title to be directed to the webcast details page. Then click on "View Archived Recording" and a new window will open. Make sure to have the volume turned up on your computer.)

No comments: